Los Angeles Nursing Home Abuse Lawyer
We Stand Up for Severely Injured Nursing Home Residents in Los Angeles and the Surrounding areas.
At Gharibian Law, we believe nursing home residents should always receive the top quality professional care. The unfortunate reality is that many nursing homes in Los Angeles and California are not following the rules and regulations properly. They hire inexperienced employees at a lower cost, and as a result, many residents are not receiving the proper care they need. That is where Gharibian Law comes into the picture. We are Los Angeles based nursing home abuse lawyer helping residents with the appropriate care they need. We take immense pride in fighting nursing home abuse.
Our experienced Los Angeles Elder Abuse and Neglect attorneys are seasoned litigators that wrongful demand parties be held liable. We understand that this can be a stressful time for the residents, so our team of knowledgeable nursing home abuse lawyers will guide you through the legal process helping you to get justice for your loved one. Our nursing home abuse lawyers are dedicated to fighting on behalf of the susceptible individuals who experience injuries due to negligence, recklessness, or even willful actions.
What We Can Do For You
On Your Case
Pay Off Your
Robert D. Los
Types of Nursing Home Abuse
HELP IS HERE
Tell us about your situation below:
The most common types of nursing home abuse are as below:
- Physical Abuse: Physical abuse is any action toward a patient that can cause physical harm, such as hitting, scratching, biting, shoving, or any other intentional act which causes an injury.
- Sexual Abuse: It involves unwanted sexual attention or exploitation. It occurs most often to patients who cannot express their desires to be free from such attention, such as those with dementia or other forms of mental incapacitation.
- Emotional abuse: Nursing home staff can sometimes try to exercise authority or punish residents with insults, humiliation, name-calling, threats, and other words and actions that cause emotional trauma.
- Financial abuse: It occurs when a nursing home employee takes advantage of a patient’s financial assets by stealing or otherwise compromising them.
If your loved one has suffered any of these forms of nursing home abuse, the nursing home likely has breached its duty of care, and you may be able to pursue legal action. Call one of our Los Angeles nursing home abuse lawyers to get justice done.
Common Causes of Nursing Home Abuse
- Nursing homes may not give staff members all of the required training they need to do their jobs correctly. As a result, staff can end up hurting residents accidentally.
- If the staff member has a criminal background or past allegations of abuse, the nursing home may have engaged in negligent hiring.
- A nursing home might try to cut corners by hiring fewer caregivers staff, which means residents will not get the help they need.
- If a nursing home fails to appropriately provide specific treatment, it may result in the negligent harm of a resident.
- If a nursing home fails to supervise staff members to prevent misconduct, it can bear responsibility for any abuse.
Trust a Los Angeles Nursing Home Abuse Lawyer with Your Claim
Suppose you or a loved one sustained injuries due to negligence or intentional conduct in a nursing home environment. In that case, you may have a cause of action for nursing home neglect and abuse under California law. There is no excuse for acts that take advantage of vulnerable victims. Our nursing home abuse lawyers at the Gharibian law are aggressive in pursuing the people who commit abuse or allow it to happen. Please call us toll-free at 1-888-288-0091 or check us out online to schedule a free, no-obligation consultation.
- What Is Known and What Information Is Missing about Elder Abuse in Long-Term Care Settings
- COVID-related Strikes Threatens Dozens of Senior Living Communities
- Nursing Home Companies Indicted for Misusing Federal Money Received Hundreds of Millions of Dollars in Pandemic Relief
- 2020 Elder Abuse Awareness Month under Pandemic’s Shadow
- Gharibian Law Files Lawsuit Against La Quinta Care Home Where a Veteran was Murdered
- Frequent Misconceptions about Elder Abuse in San Diego County